Children spend a lot of time in their bedroom: sleeping, playing and working. To decorate kids room, one thing that you should keep in mind is that the space should be a reflection of their little personalities. If you’re looking to redecorating your child’s bedroom a even if it’s a lick of paint, colourful storage solutions or ways to make the room just a little bit brighter, the costs can soon pile up.
Let us look at some stylish, practical, and fun decorating ideas that your kids will love at all ages and will be easy on your pocket.
- To create a room that grows with the kid, give it room for evolving with time. Use neutral and elegant colour scheme , stick to two or three shades and do not overwhelm the room with brightly coloured paint to decorate kids room. Jazz it up with your child’s favourite cartoon character.
- Take a layered approach, instead of looking at the room as a whole, split it up into different layers and then tackle each one individually: the accessories, toys and other fancy additions. They also present you with the easiest way to refresh the bedroom periodically without breaking the bank. For instance, you can simply add some superhero-inspired bedding to a fairly sophisticated room to give it a whimsical look.
- If you’re looking to create a flexible bedroom that will grow along with the little one then do not fill the room with kid-sized decor. At this time a race car bed or a princess-themed fairy tale-style bed looks great but soon the novelty will wear off and your kid will find it boring.
Invest in a decent quality convertible bed that can be transformed into teen beds if needed!
However as per their age and likes you might add some Disney princess-themed sheets and pillow covers. These may be swapped over time when the kids get bored and the decorate may be given a fresh new look.
- Follow a similar approach for toys, wallpaper and posters which will help transform the ambience of the room instantly without much fuss.
- In order to help your kids stay organized, keep things at their height. Closet storage, benches book racks etc will all be used more often if kids can get to them easily.
- Most craft and hobby stores sell an additive to paint that allows it to glow in the dark. Try painting the solar system on the room’s ceiling. This will help putting them to sleep fast.
- Removable wall transfers are readily available and affordable, call them temporary wall tattoos. Let your kid use these to decorate their room in their own way and you know you won’t have to fix anything later.
- Try hanging pictures/your child’s own artwork, from strings in front of a window or alongside the wall.
- Kid’s room should be well lit.
- Instead of buying those toy boxes, use some cool wicker baskets, or even a wall-mounted bookshelf for storage and display.
Now that you are brimming with ideas, get going to decorate kids room in the most fun way!!!